To Africa and Back
Despite having started this blog about 7 months ago, I’m not entirely up-to-date on the blog world. I love sharing my travel experiences, and there are a few really wonderful blogs that I follow when I have a chance. Although the world of blog awards is entirely new to me, it is such an honor coming from Spiritual World Traveler. She is one of the most inspiring travel writers, and I am honored that she would think to nominate me for a blog award. If you haven’t checked her blog out, have a look. You will be ready to hop on a plane after reading a few posts! 🙂
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the Award image on your blog.
3. Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other blogs you like for this Award.
5. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
6. Resume blogging your regular posts.
1. I can’t stay in one place for very long. I constantly feel the need to move around and see what else is out there. I believe where I live plays a huge role in my happiness, and I think the only way to know if a place makes me happy is to give it a try. I think I just love the new experiences, the new people…the excitement of some place new.
2. I was raised by my dad since I was 8 years old, and he is the one who instilled a deep appreciation of travel in me. He has taken me camping since I was a few weeks old, traveled with me to Iceland, and has always made making memories with me a priority. When I was younger, he was in Colorado to go on his first climb but came home because something happened to me. It wasn’t an emergency, but he came home anyway. He never climbed after that. I am hoping to take him to Africa for a climb as soon as I have the money to travel again.
3. I love to cook. In fact, I love everything about food, and I blog about it. If you ever get a comment from veggieburgerblogger, it’s just me forgetting to switch blogs before commenting.
4. I’m a die-hard Cleveland fan. Cleveland what, you ask? Anything. The Indians are my favorite, but I love the Browns and I’ll even cheer for the Cavs – despite hating basketball. I know my teams are cursed, and they need all the cheering they can get.
5. I have two of the most amazing dogs in the world – Tonka and Clark Kent. They are both rescues, and I think rescues are the greatest dogs in the world – they just have so much love to give!
6. I am absolutely convinced that if I am in a room with an uncovered TV that isn’t on, Samara (from The Ring) will crawl out of it and “get me” as soon as I go to sleep. Sometimes that little girl from The Grudge gets under my skin, too – or rather, I believe I’m going to lift my blankets up and see her. Needless to say, I don’t watch Japanese horror movies anymore.
7. I want to go hang gliding. I am absolutely terrified of heights – I could never skydive or bungee jump – but ever since I was only a few years old, I’ve wanted to go hang gliding.
My 10 Nominees…
9. Going Dutch
I will pick up writing about Africa tomorrow – until then, I hope you guys check out these lovely blogs 🙂 For everyone I nominated, you guys are amazing, inspirational bloggers!